The Building Better Opportunities programme, funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund, are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Black Country Click Start is one of four projects within the Building Better Opportunities programme across the Black Country and will help people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley & Sandwell move into or closer to the labour market by developing their financial and digital skills. All 4 BBO project across the Black Country will run until September 2022.
The Black Country Click Start project is jointly led by whg and GreenSquareAccord in partnership across the Black Country.
whg is just one of these partners. We are working alongside the following partners to deliver the project; GreenSquareAccord, Citizens Advice Sandwell & Walsall, Black Country Housing Group, Walsall College and Wolverhampton Homes.
The Black Country Click Start project seeks to provide wraparound support to improve digital and financial inclusion. The project specifically targets social housing tenants who will be affected by the rollout of Universal Credit and other aspects of welfare reform, with clear progression routes onto skills and employment provision.
Our project outcomes are:
- Participants in the Black Country have increased skills and confidence to use the internet
- Participants in the Black Country have improved access to employment, training and volunteering opportunities
- Participants in the Black Country have increased skills and ability to manage and save money (including utilising digital tools and information)
- Participants in the Black Country are able to communicate and connect with others
- We also want to ensure that 13% of our participants move into education or training, and 27% of those who register as economically inactive move into job searching activity.
Activities undertaken include budgeting workshops, basic IT skills guidance and confidence building, guidance on how to shop and cook on a budget, basic digital skills, internet safety, CV writing and applying for jobs online. The sessions are undertaken via one to one or group sessions, as well as sessions, are undertaken in community outreach locations.
If you would like more information about joining Click Start, please contact one of our coaches on 07595 091676 or 07740 759722.
To speak to the project management team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org