Make a complaint or send us feedback
If things haven’t gone as you expected or you’re unhappy with something we did, please let us know. We’ll work with you to understand what happened and do our best to put it right. Equally we would love to hear from you if you have had a positive experience so we can understand what is working well.
How to make a complaint
The quickest way to make a complaint is to send the details via the online form below. You can also contact us via letter to 100 Hatherton Street, Walsall, WS1 1AB, visit our Hatherton Street Office or call us on 0300 555 666.
It is sometimes possible for us to resolve your complaint quickly (within 3 working days) without the need for a formal complaint investigation. If an early resolution is possible, we will let you know and ask you how you would like to proceed.
Our formal complaints process
There are two stages in our formal complaints process with an optional third stage if we have been unable to resolve your complaint:
Stage 1 – Investigation stage
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of receipt and send you a formal response within 10 working days of the complaint being logged.
Stage 2 – Review stage
We will send you a formal response in writing within 20 working days.
Stage 3 – Panel review (optional)
We will send you a formal response within 10 working days of the Panel meeting.
More information on our complaints procedure can be found in our complaints policy.
The Housing Ombudsman Service
You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at any point during the complaint process. It cannot investigate your complaint whilst it is going through our complaints procedure, however they may be able to help us in reaching a resolution.
You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service via telephone on 0300 111 3000, on email at email@example.com, through their website at www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk or via post to Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool, L33 7WQ.
How to send us feedback
The quickest way to send us feedback is to complete the online form below. You can also contact us via letter to 100 Hatherton Street, Walsall WS1 1AB, visit our office at the same address or call us on 0300 555 666.
We cannot respond to all customer feedback, but we do consider all comments and use these to shape the way we work and improve the services we offer.
Complete the form and let us know what the problem is. We aim to get back to our customers within 3-5 working days, please bear with us.
What happens when I make a complaint?
- If we think we can resolve your complaint quickly without the need for a formal complaint investigation, we will contact to let you know. If early resolution is possible (within 3 working days) we will give you the option of how you would like to proceed.
- Formal complaints – we will acknowledge all formal complaints within 5 working days of receipt.
- Stage 1 Investigation stage – we will contact you to discuss the details of your complaint and complete a thorough investigation into your concerns. We will aim to respond to you in writing within 10 working days.
- Stage 2 Review stage – if you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can ask for your case to be reviewed. We will ask you to provide details of the issues you feel remain outstanding or any new evidence that you have that we have not previously considered. If we agree to review your complaint, we will aim to respond to you in writing within 20 working days.
- Stage 3 Panel Review – if you are still dissatisfied, you can request a panel review. We will ask you to provide additional information to support your request. If we agree to escalate your complaint to panel you will be invited to attend a meeting with a member of our senior leadership team, plus two Board or committee member.
I have been through the complaints process and I am still unhappy, what can I do now?
- If you feel the issue is still unresolved, you can approach a Designated Person, such as an MP or Councillor, who can refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service for further review. Alternatively, you can wait eight weeks and approach the Housing Ombudsman Service yourself, directly.
- You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service via telephone on 0300 111 3000, Email at firstname.lastname@example.org, their website at www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk or via post to; Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool, L33 7WQ).
Have your voice heard
If you believe we can do things differently and have a passion for making positive change, join our customer voice community.