The quickest, easiest and safest way to pay your rent online is by using My whg, our online service.
Paying my rent
You can pay your rent in a number of ways. Remember that your rent is payable every week and all rent is due in advance.
Direct Debit is an easy and convenient way to pay. Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly, four-weekly or on a calendar month basis, on a day of your choice.
If you pay by Direct Debit you know that your rent is always paid on time and that any changes are managed for you without the hassle of going to the bank. The Direct Debit Guarantee means your payments are secure and protects you in the rare event that there is an error.
- To set up a direct debit, you will need a bank, building society or credit union account and if you don’t already have one, our Money Advisors can help you to set one up.
- Simply complete a Direct Debit Form and return it to us. Once returned, it will take up to ten working days for us to take a payment. We can also set up a Direct Debit over the phone between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Call us on 0300 555 6666.
- We will send you a rent statement every 13 weeks. Please contact us if you require a copy at any other time.
- Your rent to whg is payable every week or month in advance. It is important that you pay regularly and do not fall behind with your payments, known as arrears. With the introduction of Universal Credit benefits, it’s important you manage your money correctly and ensure bills, including your rent is paid. To work out a budget or how the Universal credit system might affect you take a look at our budget calculator.
Universal Credit is a new benefit which may affect the way you pay your rent.
If you ever fall behind with your rent, don’t ignore it. We know that it can be a difficult and stressful situation, but telling us first can be the first step in the right direction.
Your rent is one of the most important payments you will need to make but we appreciate that your circumstances can change.
- If you find that we are trying to call you about your rent, don’t worry! We’re calling to try and help you. We will discuss your finances and we will see how we can help. We may ask you how much money you have coming in or going out each month.
- Make sure you keep us up to date if your circumstances change. If you’re struggling to pay your rent, get in touch. The more we know, the more we can help.
Recent payments may take up to three days to appear in your account. Your account may also show as in arrears if you pay by direct debit and the payment has not yet been taken.
We understand that people get behind with their rent for a lot of different reasons.
We provide financial support to customers through our Money Advice team. Our in-house specialists are working harder than ever to ensure we reach all those who need help. To speak to them call 0300 555 6666.
You can also contact Citizens Advice Sandwell & Walsall on 0300 330 9017.
What are you looking for?
These popular pages may help…