Close Icon
Press 'speak' on any page to have the content read aloud
Use the + and - buttons to toggle the page zoom
100 %
We are committed to making our website accessible to all
Close Icon

£197m home improvement works begin

  • 24th November 2022

  • Customer news

We know how important it is that we keep your home warm, safe and in great condition. That’s why we now have a new team of contractors who will be working with us over the next seven years to carry out £197 million worth of home improvements.

The improvements they will be carrying out for us are called planned investment works. This includes new bathrooms, kitchens, roofs, windows and doors. They will also be working on major refurbishments – these include modernising whole blocks and building safety work.

You will not need to contact us in order to be considered for these upgrades.

Each contractor will be working in a set geographic area, so they will get to know your estate and community really well. They will be recognisable by the logo on their uniforms and vans.

Wates are working in Blakenall, Bloxwich Central, Bloxwich North, Bloxwich West, Goscote, Harden, Leamore, New Invention, Short Heath, Willenhall East and Willenhall West.

United Living are working in Bentley, Caldmore, Darlaston, Moxley, North Walsall and Pleck.

Kier are working in Aldridge, Brownhills Pelsall and Walsall Wood.


Open/Close Icon
Why are you carrying out investment works?
We are always investing in our homes to keep them in good repair. Our new contractors will help us carry out these works in a really effective and efficient way.
Open/Close Icon
When will I find out if my home is due for planned investment works?
If your house has been flagged as needing an upgrade, such as a new bathroom or kitchen, you will be contacted directly in advance of the works starting. You will not need to contact us in order to be considered for these upgrades.
Open/Close Icon
My neighbour is having improvement work done. Why aren’t I?
You may not get the same work done as your neighbour, as works vary from property to property according to age and condition. For example, dependent on condition we aim to replace kitchens every 20 years and bathrooms every 30.
Open/Close Icon
What do I do if I am unhappy with the work carried out by my contractor?
We use fully approved contractors to carry out all repairs and we continuously monitor them to ensure a prompt, high quality and value for money service. You can report any defects within the first 12 months to your contractor’s customer liaison officer.
Back to news Next article
Close Icon

Let’s chat…

Close Icon