Repairs update for December
Information about delays to our repairs service.
Steps we are taking
- We are working smarter with our stores provider to ensure we have the right materials in stock, so we can complete more work.
- We’ve increased resource within our repairs service so we can carry out more appointments each day.
- Our teams are working longer so we can see as many people as possible.
- We will do everything we can to give as much notice as possible if an appointment needs to be rescheduled.
- Following customer feedback we’ve recently introduced a new ‘Repairs Booster Team’ to help us tackle repairs quicker and more efficiently; We aim to complete more repairs using multiskilled trades during a single visit, meaning less inconvenience for you.
Why is it taking so long to complete repairs?
When will my repair be completed?
- morning, 8am-2pm
- afternoon, 12-6pm
- all day, 8am-6pm
- late afternoon, 3-6pm
- avoiding the ‘school run’, 10am-2pm.
How do I book a repair?
We have an expert team ready to help resolve the issue and any repairs we are responsible for will be carried out free of charge to you. This includes things like insect or mice infestations caused as a result of external conditions.
The quickest and easiest way to report a repair is using our online service.
Sign up or sign in to manage your home online.
We’ll ask you some quick questions about the problem so we have all the information we need to carry out the repair.
You will then be able to choose from our best available appointments and book your repair for a time that’s convenient to you.
Emergency repairs can be reported 24 hours a day on the same phone number.
When reporting a repair, you need to tell us your name, address, contact phone number, as much information as possible about the repair and how our repairs team will be able to get into your home.
Before booking a repair, please double-check it isn’t your responsibility to fix here.
Remember, if it is an emergency and there is immediate risk to safety, security or health, call us on 0300 555 666.
How do I cancel a repair appointment?
What happens on the day of my repair appointment?
On the day you must make sure we are able to get into your home so we can carry out the work. A responsible adult must be there to let us in and while work is being carried out.
Anyone we authorise to enter your home will carry identification. Always ask to see it before letting callers into your home and be aware there may be bogus callers operating in your area. If you have any concerns, call us on 0300 555 6666 to confirm they are who they say they are.
If we need to replace something in your home, where possible we will replace it with an identical or matching item.
How do I give feedback or make a complaint?
If things haven’t gone as you expected or you’re unhappy with something we did, please let us know. We’ll work with you to understand what happened and do our best to put it right.
You can do this by filling in our feedback form. Click here for more information about feedback and complaints.