Repairs update April 2022
Currently, some customers are having to wait longer than we would like for their repair to be completed.
Why are repairs taking longer?
- There is currently a national shortage of building materials like doors, timber and glass. This means we are having to cancel some appointments at short notice as we don’t have the right materials to complete the job.
- High demand for materials means we are often finding out supplies are unavailable too late, forcing us to cancel appointments.
- Labour shortages are making it difficult to recruit the skilled tradespeople we need to carry out repairs.
- More repairs are being reported by our customers, resulting in longer waiting times.
- Positive cases of COVID-19 among our repair teams mean some colleagues are unable to work.
- We are continuing to prioritise emergency repairs so non-urgent repairs are being delayed.
What are we doing to fix it?
We understand how frustrating it is when appointments are cancelled, especially when you have waited a while or made special arrangements. We don’t want to waste anyone’s time and are pulling out all the stops to improve our service.
Steps we are taking
- We are doing extra checks of our stores to make sure we have the right materials in stock
- We’ve appointed two new contractors so we can carry out more appointments each day
- Our teams are working longer so we can see as many people as possible
- We will do everything we can to give as much notice as possible if an appointment needs to be rescheduled
What to expect when you book a repair
- The quickest way to report a repair is online or you can call customer services
- The wait time for a standard routine repair is currently around five weeks
- You will receive confirmation of your repair appointment by phone and text message or by letter if we are unable to contact you directly
- We will do our best to keep your original appointment. However, we may have to cancel nearer the time. If you are having to make special arrangements (like booking a day off work) we recommend asking a family member or friend to help out if they can
- If you have an emergency and there is an immediate risk to safety, security or health, you must call us on 0300 555 666
Before you book a repair, please remember
- Double check that it isn’t your responsibility to fix. You can check here
- If your repair worsens please get in touch as we may need to adjust the priority of your repair
- Please be patient and kind, we are working around the clock to complete all reported repairs as quickly as possible.