Shared ownership is ideal for first time buyers and those who are currently renting whilst looking to get a foot on the property ladder.
whg are building stunning shared ownership properties in beautiful locations throughout the Midlands.
What is shared ownership?
- you own part of your home rather than paying rent with no return
- you only need to secure a mortgage for a percentage (or share) of the property price rather than the whole amount, making it more affordable in the short term
- you will need a much smaller deposit than you would if you bought the property outright
- the combined monthly mortgage and rent payments of shared ownership usually work out cheaper than buying outright. They are often less than renting a similar property privately
- you can buy additional shares in your home, in most cases. As your income increases you can buy more of your home which means that one day you could own your home outright. The more of your home you own, the less rent there is to pay
- you only buy the share you want to - so you don’t need to overstretch yourself financially.
- Swallow Place, Penkridge
- 65 high-quality one and two bedroom apartments for sale through whg Shared Ownership
- Exclusively for over 55s
- Available summer 2018
- Find out more
Find your new shared ownership home:
Visit our dedicated whg Shared Ownership website.
whg offer affordable home contents insurance: find out more here.
whg Shared Ownership Guidance notes for customers.