There are several ways you can bid for a property:
- online through Choose & Move
- by telephone on 0300 111 9580
- by coming into one of our offices
- by SMS text on 07860 015216.
Please note that when you bid by text message you will need to enter the information in the correct format: [login reference] [memorable date] [property reference] [property reference]. For example: 1125 16/06/1954 12545 12354
How to bid for a whg home
If you see a home that you are interested in and you meet the letting criteria, you can bid for those properties you want to be considered for. You are limited to three bids per week.
Bidding opens at 9am on a Thursday and closes at midnight on Tuesday.
Each property has its own letting criteria. For example we would not let an OAP bungalow to a 22 year old with a child or a three bedroom house to a single person.
You should find the following examples useful when deciding what to bid for.
- Gold and silver band applications only means that applicants in the Bronze band can't bid.
- Silver only means we will not take bids from applicants in any other band.
- Gold preference means that anyone can apply but we will consider applicants from Gold Band first.
- Eligibility - 50+ means we will not allow a bid from anyone younger even if they are in the correct band.
- Eligibility - family with one child. If you have more than one child you will not be able to bid for the property.
- Eligibility - family with 3 children If you have less than 3 children you will not be allowed to bid for the property.
Fast track homes
Sometimes we have a property that is ready or almost ready to let but we have not managed to find a new tenant. Because we need to find someone quickly we sometimes make these properties available to applicants who might not otherwise be eligible. We call these fast track homes.
if you need a home urgently and you have an open mind about where you want to live, you should regularly check to see if we have any fast track homes available.
if you are interested in a fast track home that you have seen advertised, you should first check that you meet any band, age or family related criteria.