Before you start
- Make sure you have all the information you need to hand
- Remember that once you have applied online, there are more steps you will need to complete before your claim is complete.
What will I need to make a claim?
- Your postcode
- Your National Insurance number
- Your bank, building society or credit union account details
- Your tenancy agreement and a rent confirmation letter from whg
- Details of any income, savings or capital
- Child benefit number, if you have children
- A passport or driving licence is not required at this stage but it will help speed up your application.
Remember that the application is just one part of making your claim
- After you have made an application, there are still things to do to ensure your claim is successful
- You'll need to book an appointment to go to your Jobcentre Plus for an interview, where you'll agree and sign your 'claimant commitment' and provide certain documents as proof for your claim
- If you do not attend an interview you not be awarded any Universal Credit payment.
If you are ready to begin the online application, click here.
What is Universal Credit?
When will it affect me?
How do I apply for Universal Credit?
Universal Credit help and support
Frequently Asked Questions
Universal Credit: full service map
Begin an online application
Calculate your benefits