Waist Away is a FREE week weight management programme for adults, which focuses on positive behaviour change and encourages sustainable weight loss. This can be achieved by setting achievable goals, adapting healthy food choices and increasing physical activity rates.
- FREE 12-week Waist Away course starting in February 2020 @ Ryecroft Community Hub!
- We’ll give you a tool kit with tape measure, pedometer, booklet and food diary, plus useful sites and apps to help keep you on track
- Text Emily on 07831099878 for more info
For more information contact our Community Health Team.
We offer a range of programmes and activities aimed at the over 50s.
We offer a range of programmes and activities for families that can be delivered in local community venues.
The environment plays an important role in improving physical and mental health. Having access to green space through community garden projects provides access to social interaction, an opportunity to be active and practice healthy eating through Grow Your Own activities.
- Rough Hay Community Garden was created in 2016 and is open to the public. Presented with an 'Outstanding’ award at England in Bloom (It's Your Neighbourhood category), the garden offers a safe space for children to play and is maintained by local residents
- A community garden at the African Caribbean Community Association (ACCA) centre in Birchills was created in 2018.
If you would like to get involved, or if you are interested in creating a community garden where you live, contact our Community Health Team.