The Building Better Opportunities programme is funded by Big Lottery and the European Social Fund (ESF) who are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Black Country Click Start is one of four projects within the Building Better Opportunities programme across the Black Country and will help people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley & Sandwell move into or closer to the labour market by developing their financial and digital skills. All 4 BBO project across the Black Country will run until December 2019.
The Black Country Click Start Project is jointly led by whg and Accord Group in partnership with 7 local organisations across the Black Country.
whg is just one of these partners. We will be working alongside the following partners to deliver the project; Accord, Sandwell Citizens Advice Bureau, Black Country Housing Group, Remploy, Trident, Ashley Housing, Groundwork and Wolverhampton Homes.
The Black Country Click Start project seeks to provide wraparound support to improve digital and financial inclusion. The project will specifically target social housing tenants who will be affected by the rollout of Universal Credit and other aspects of welfare reform, with clear progression routes onto skills and employment provision.
Our project outcomes are:
- Participants in the Black Country have increased skills and confidence to use the internet
- Participants in the Black Country have improved access to employment, training and volunteering opportunities
- Participants in the Black Country have increased skills and ability to manage and save money (including utilising digital tools and information)
- Participants in the Black Country are able to communicate and connect with others
- We also want to ensure that 13% of our participants move into education or training, and 27% of those who register as economically inactive move into job searching activity.
Activities undertaken will include budgeting workshops, basic IT skills guidance & confidence building, guidance on how to shop & cook on a budget, use of internet, email & social media, using the internet safely, CV and applying for jobs online, via one to one, group sessions and sessions undertaken in community outreach locations.
Our partners -
To speak to a member of the Black Country Click Start Project Management team at whg please email ClickStartBc@whgrp.co.uk