Helping our customers on the path to employment
If you are looking to access training, volunteering or employment, then whg’s Employment and Training Team are here to help.
Our former Skills Centre in Leamore has been relaunched during 2017 as a local learning centre called The Work Place. This new learning centre houses our Employment and Training Team, who are on hand to help you get the skills you need to get into work, training or volunteering.
The Work Place, which can be found in Hollemeadow Avenue, Walsall, WS3 1JD offers a tailored package of support for anyone unemployed aged 16 or over. Our experienced Employment & Training colleagues can help you:
- find work, through regular job clubs and open days
- access job and apprenticeship opportunities with local employers
- access a wide range of free training courses to help you gain additional skills
- access volunteering and work experience opportunities
- manage your finances and digital skills
- access to whg’s Peoples Fund which offers a grant of up to £300 to eligible customers
The Employment and Training Team work in partnership with a range of local training organisations and local companies to provide a whole host of opportunities to help customers on their path to employment.
Contact the Employment and Training Team on 0300 555 6666 for a free, impartial discussion and find out how we can help you.