We will provide as much support as we can to help you through this uncertain time. If you have any concerns about your tenancy or keeping up with payments, please get in touch so we can help you explore all of the options available to you.
Making Connections Walsall is a friendly service for vulnerable people and families. If you need help with:
- picking up prescriptions
- food parcels
- financial advice
- reassurance calls/befriending
Then contact them on…
Call: 0121 380 6690
The government have issued advice for people who are extremely vulnerable at this time.
If you need help putting food on the table, whg will work with you to help you get through your crisis and can advise how and where you can access your local food bank. You may need a referral from whg to be able to access the food and supplies you need, so you should speak to us first.
If you are unable to attend the food bank in person, please let us know so we can see if alternative arrangements can be made.
whg have been making ‘safe and well calls’ to our older and vulnerable customers to offer reassurance and ensure these customers have everything they need.
Customers are asked about their general health, who should be called in an emergency and if they need support with shopping or picking up medication.
These are friendly calls from our caring colleagues. If you are called by someone who says they are from whg, please remember that we will never ask for invasive personal information, bank details or card details over the phone.
whg have also been using a text messaging and voice message service.
Although closed for face to face contact, the Walsall Disability Hub is still offering advice and information services via email and phone.
- 01922 616 798
Ensuring you feel secure in your home is our absolute priority. We want to reassure you that no-one will lose their home as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
- whg have been calling customers over the age of 70 to check on their wellbeing, to give health advice and to see if there is anything they need a helping hand with at this time.
We have been directing customers to the local support services that are available where we can. See ‘safe and well calls’ below for more information.
If you or anyone you know of needs this support, please pass this information on or get in touch with us and we will see what we can do to help.
- Our expert money advisors have been keeping up to date with all the latest news on the support available to people during this difficult period. If you have any concerns they are here to talk things through.
We will do all we can to help you find the best solution for your individual circumstances, which may include coming to a different agreement for your rent payments. Please contact us or email email@example.com if you wish to discuss your options.
- We have helped to get a care facility in Willenhall back up and running. Holly Bank House will now be able to help relieve Walsall Manor Hospital thanks to a group of volunteers who have transformed the facility to bring it back in to use.
- Our colleagues have helped to deliver over 1000 packages of food, supplies and medication to vulnerable members of the community. It is part of our work with the Making Connections Walsall community hubs.
If you have any worries or concerns at this difficult time, please contact us.
I was a bit worried about Universal Credit, but I feel much more confident now.”
What are you looking for?
These popular pages may help…